Monday, December 29, 2008

Ewan McRae Mugg

Meet Ewan McRae, 3rd year student and Demongate High, summoner, and the one responsible for freeing Fenrir (technically twice) from his bonds to quicken the end of the world, as well as wielder of the sword that once kept Fenrir's jaws open. Also previous boyfriend to a kumiho and current boyfriend of a 1/2 succubus girl who is really 3 years older than him (statutory, anyone?)
Not one to be messed with and resident girl-magnet.

Perfected skin tone, after 5 layers of paint. I'm really started to get irritated with how lumpy this peach (salmon?) paint is. This was the first Mugg painted with the new technique of mixing water in.

After hair and boots have been completed. Again, I hate painting brown things, because it takes forever to get the tone to look smooth.

His eyes and tie, which is sadly not in the middle of his body. I'm really proud of how the eyes came out, since I drew them over 3-4 times before I liked the shape.

Top of his head, showing his hair. I realized after a few too many layers that the 'poof' was too dark, so I tried mixing some white in.

Completed Ewan, with goofy smile, summoner badge and prefect badge on his arm. It was after I sprayed it that I realized I neglected all those lines I drew in for his pants zipper and such (sad face). I was tempted to make a Sword of Tirfing for him to wield, but hadn't had the experience of using Sculpey yet so I didn't want to chance it at this point.

0 comments: